- This event has passed.
FREE Tax Return Preparation
March 26 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm CDT
An event every week that begins at 4:00 pm on Tuesday and Thursday, repeating until April 10, 2020
ATCC accounting students and volunteers have been trained and certified by the IRS to prepare returns. They can help you with all the new credits, the Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, Dependent Care Credit, Rent Credit, and the Minnesota Property Tax Refund, if you qualify. Every return is quality checked and reviewed by instructors and tax professionals.
Services will be provided from 4-6pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays from February 6 through April 9, except during spring break March 10-12. Qualified individuals will be helped on a first-come, first-served basis.
To qualify, You should have an income of less than $40,000 and not have any complex issues such as rental income, depreciation, multi-state income, foreign status, or military income.
Items to bring:
• Birth dates and social security information for you, your spouse, and dependents
• Wage and earning statement(s) form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R from all employers
• Interest and dividend statements from banks (form 1099)
• Last year’s tax return if possible
• Voided check with bank routing and account numbers
• Amount paid for daycare and the provider’s identifying number
• Certificate of rent or property tax statements
• Minnesota K-12 education costs, college tuition statements (1098-T)
This event will take place in room 703 at ATCC (in the 700 building, south of the main building).